Here at Makeup Mavens we have three aims:
- To encourage higher standards in professional makeup artistry
- To cultivate public interest in makeup artistry as an art form
- To actively promote, assist and educate professional makeup artists
The Makeup Mavens website and email newsletter has been created to showcase the skill and talent of New Zealand’s leading makeup artists. Our monthly email newsletter is sent to over 200 industry professionals – including fashion designers, photographers, stylists, editors, art directors, model agents and producers.
If you’d like to get in touch with us please email email@example.com
SUBMIT A SHOOT
We welcome editorial submissions from talented New Zealand makeup artists (and beauty photographers). However, before you make a submission please check that your beauty shoot meets the following requirements:
- It must be a cohesive series (between 3 and 9 images featuring multiple makeup looks) that clearly focuses on creative makeup artistry (not fashion)
- The photography must be of a very high professional standard
- The submitted images should be JPG format files (high-quality, but less than 1000kb) that are between 1800 pixels wide 2100 pixels wide
- The shoot must have taken place within the last 6 months
- You must have permission from the copyright holder (typically the photographer)
- You must have permission from the model(s) and/or model agency
- You must supply a full list of crew credits – including website links and Instagram usernames where applicable
By submitting a shoot you are giving us permission to publish the images on this website and our social media accounts.
Please note that there is no guarantee that your submission will be published, and that we don’t pay for publication rights (we generate no income from this site).
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOK A SHOOT
If you have a great concept for a new beauty shoot that you’d like to see captured, published and promoted via Makeup Mavens we recommend that you contact one of our regular contributing photographers:
- Aaron K – aaronkphotography.com
- Hamish Melville – hamishmelville.com
- Maegan McDowell – maeganmcdowell.co.nz
NB: The costs associated with producing your shoot will vary depending on the scope and complexity of your concept, so be sure to ask the photographer for a cost estimate. For your reference, a basic half-day beauty editorial shoot (i.e. enough time for 3-4 different looks) with a professional model typically costs between NZ$800 and NZ$1200.
WIN A SHOOT
Click here to sign up for the Makeup Mavens email newsletter, select “Makeup Artist” as your profession, and you’ll go in the draw to win an editorial shoot with one of our contributing photographers. One makeup artist will be chosen from the Makeup Mavens email list every quarter.